Choosing baby clothes is quite simple if you know what to look for. Always value practicality more than style. A lot of parents seemingly get clothing for their babies that are flashy and always in style. But, you do not want that as you want to be more practical and choosing clothes that give ample protection, while also making your baby comfortable are things that you have to keep in mind when you are shopping for clothes.
That being said, you want baby clothes to be easy to put on and take off because you are going to be changing their clothes a couple of times a day (because babies can get really messy)! Furthermore, you want to get clothes that are hypoallergenic and soft to the touch to protect your infant’s delicate skin.
As for sizing, well that is quite a tricky thing. But, one tip that I can give you is that most babies grow a lot faster than you might have anticipated. So, buying clothes would mean that you should buy a size bigger than the current age of your baby.
Suppose that your baby is already 3 months old, then a size bigger would be somewhere around the 6-9-month-old age appropriate clothing and so forth. Even though it may look quite big for them now, trust me when I say that they will outgrow their clothing in a short amount of time.
As to how many clothes you actually need, well, that will depend entirely on how many times you can wash your baby’s clothes? If you do not mind washing on a consistent basis, then you can just by a couple. However, if that is too much of a hassle, then you will need an entire set.
Appropriate Clothing for Your Baby
There is some clothing that are appropriate for your baby. Here are just some of them:
- One-Piece Clothing- This can be considered as part of their pajama collection. Babies, especially the younger ones, tend to take a nap quite often and this type of clothing will give them ample protection while also ensuring that their sleep will be cozy as well.
- Shirts- There are plenty of kinds of T-shirts for babies, but I want you to get either T-Shirts or turtlenecks that have ample room in the neck area so that they can be easily put on and taken off.
- Pull-on Pants- Also known as Leggings, these are perfect for whenever you just want to take off the shirt and not the pants.
- Sweater- If winter time is imminent, you want to buy them a thick sweater to protect them from the generally cold weather.
- Snowsuits- When buying snowsuits, avoid the bulky ones as it may make your baby feel uncomfortable. You can just by a one-piece fleece suit to keep them warm whenever you need to go outside.
When you buy baby clothing, make sure that you do not buy clothes are too tight on the baby’s body. This might make them uncomfortable and they might get choked because of it.
Buy those that are easy to put on and take off so that it will be more convenient for you whenever you change their diaper or change their clothing altogether.